Talk

Advanced search

Where can I find the summer 2015 GCSE timetable/s?

(10 Posts)
Draylon Thu 01-Jan-15 23:29:43

Are they already published? I recognise there are different boards! But I am wondering when DS will effectively finish Y11? As in 'finished his exams'?

friendlymum67 Thu 01-Jan-15 23:40:48

Your DS should have access to an exam timetable, l already have my DS's because l'm an invigilator at his school grin but schools may not have issued them to students yet. You could speak to the Exams Officer when the schools start back. Off the top of my head, l think my DS finishes somewhere around the 26th June.

HTH

catslife Fri 02-Jan-15 10:01:43

There's already a copy on the website for dds school in the exams section. Ask the school in January. Alternatively you can check with the exam boards which have copies on their websites, but this will be more cumbersome as it includes every single GCSE exam.
It depends which subjects your ds will be taking but most exams are definitely over by the end of June. The latest exams tend to be Additional Maths/Statistics and the final papers for Triple Science.

TeenAndTween Fri 02-Jan-15 10:05:38

I think my DD finishes on 12th June (double science). She hasn't had the timetable from school yet but I looked them up.

Ask your DS for correct exam board for each subject.
Look up the dates on the website for each board.

Draylon Fri 02-Jan-15 10:20:51

A ha! Seems the school have published it, hidden in the depths of their website!

Thanks

BackforGood Fri 02-Jan-15 15:50:30

I know ds's last one was 29th June.
Don't forget to check date of the Prom too, if you are thinking about booking a holiday.....

TeenAndTween Fri 02-Jan-15 16:11:38

As well as prom there may be 6th form taster days also.

Draylon Fri 02-Jan-15 16:43:53

Good thinking re the Prom, not that I imagine anti-social DS will go, but you never know! His 6th form day/s are in the last week of the official summer hols, but thanks for the reminder. I imagine we might shoot off the week after his last exam.

TeenAndTween Fri 02-Jan-15 17:29:38

Draylon Are you sure those 6th form days are taster days and not sign up days with taster sessions earlier?

We have 6th form colleges here (Hants). They do taster days end June/early July, and then you go to sign up the week after results.

Draylon Sun 04-Jan-15 19:56:59

Yes, teen, I've carefully put all the dates for both prospective 6th form colleges in the diary! All good points, though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now