Talk

Advanced search

Young Writers - what a con, feel soooooooo stupid!!!

(3 Posts)
hulahoopsilove Mon 15-Dec-14 11:10:30

OMG DS age 9 sent off his story to Young Writers to receive a letter saying an extract was being published and that he could have a copy for �15.99.

Was so proud as he has struggled last year with his writing and he really put 110% into this piece of work.

I even went to see the Head today saying how proud I was only for him to tell me that it was one huge con, they dont do this anymore as they have found that every child gets this "your child has been chosen to have their work published"

I feel so stupid and embaressed I bet the Head thinks stupid pushy parent!!!! sad

VivaLeBeaver Mon 15-Dec-14 11:21:18

Buy it anyway. Don't tell your ds. It will be worth £15 for the co find ence boost.

skylark2 Mon 15-Dec-14 17:57:08

I wouldn't buy it anyway. At some point he will discover (probably when he discusses it with friends) and be both furious and devastated.

Your DS should be proud of all the effort he put into his piece of work. It's not his fault, or a reflection on the quality of what he wrote, that it was sent off to a scam company.

(Been there, done that, and didn't buy it. It was an eye opener for DD that even adults like her English teacher can be fooled by online scams.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now