Talk

Advanced search

Italian tutor for primary dd?

(10 Posts)
SpuffySummers Tue 11-Nov-14 12:33:48

DDs are half Italian. ExDP doesn't know that much of the language. It is his DMs first language.

Since we split 2.5 years ago, and her DM has been very very ill, she hasn't been able to keep up with teaching DDs (basically she always used to speak them in just Italian and they would reply in Italian).

I like that DDs can speak a second language. ExDMil is getting quite upset that she can't do it as often as before the split and before her lovely DM fell ill (several strokes and recurrent bowel cancer sad ) She has floated the idea of a tutor but I have no idea how to find one, let alone a good one and what we should expect to pay?

DDS are 6 & 3. Eldest could speak as much Italian than English until the last year or so.

SoldeInvierno Tue 11-Nov-14 18:53:48

you have not mentioned where you are. for that age children all you need is a regular Italian play babysitter or someone's Italian aupair looking at making some extra money

May09Bump Tue 11-Nov-14 19:12:54

We have a Spanish tutor for our 6yr old (DH is half Spanish) - its mainly learning through play. My biggest problem has been turnover of tutors, our first stayed with us for about 8months and she was brilliant. We then have had too many only staying 1-2 months, and this was through an agency who supplies teachers to local schools.

I would look at language groups ran by teachers and also social Italian groups ran by mainly native Italian speakers to get the kids together.

ChloeHutchinson45 Thu 13-Nov-14 17:18:55

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

SpuffySummers Fri 14-Nov-14 10:27:03

MNHQ why was the last comment deleted and how did it breach guidelines?

cherylbuckler100 Sun 16-Nov-14 14:23:01

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

RubMyLamp Mon 24-Nov-14 12:49:30

MNHQ you can clearly see this thread and my question re the deleted post as since then you have deleted another - so that makes 2 posts that I haven't read due to deletion. WHY?!

Lonecatwithkitten Mon 24-Nov-14 13:12:16

I would guess they were both blatant advertising.

addictedtosugar Mon 24-Nov-14 20:40:45

Have you got anywhere in the local area where Italians may congregate - for example in different communities, there are Chinese or Polish supermarkets. Not sure what the equivalent would be for the Italians. This is where we got the contacts for further language education for our bilingual children.

I would suspect the threads that have been deleted you wouldn't have wanted to read - some people add random messages to all the threads they can.

Or, it might have been advertising, which while useful to you, is not allowed. They have not deleted to spite you, but to keep the site running smoothly.

DawnMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 24-Nov-14 21:13:38

Hi OP,

Just letting you know that we deleted those posts because they were stealth adverts for a tutoring firm - otherwise known as spam. The two posters were in fact one and the same person, and had spammed several threads.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now