Talk

Advanced search

St james' schools

(4 Posts)
T123 Thu 30-Oct-14 09:29:58

Does anyone have any recent experience of St James school in Earsby street London. I have recently been offered a place in the primary school for me DD, and loved the school. However at the 11th hour I have heard about the SES involvement and it has rung alarm bells. (My biggest issue is the apparent secrecy around it.)
I can only find historic comments on the schools, and don't want to put myself off if all this has now changed. Any views, positive and negative...?

I have to accept/decline the offer on Monday!
Thanks

ohtobeanonymous Thu 30-Oct-14 17:24:06

I found it weird due to the meditation and enforced vegetarianism...I wouldn't be surprised that there is some sort of deeper suspect ideology behind these choices.

Why not ask them directly and see what response you get?

If in doubt, best stay out!

Fridayschild Sat 01-Nov-14 16:58:55

We looked at the boys secondary school for DS1. I asked the headmaster about SES and was very happy with his answers and openness. Remember schools can change a lot in a period of time and look at the date of the press comments Google will find for you.

In the end the issue was that we were right on the edge of the catchment area and I was worried that it would be an issue for DS1 to get to his friends' houses after school and at weekend for play.

You can feed them meat in the evening!

I suggest you go and ask.

CaringParent111 Wed 08-Jul-15 12:58:02

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now