Talk

Advanced search

School transfer appeal

(3 Posts)
Divinity Tue 18-Mar-14 10:50:41

I would like to move my DC to another primary school. The reason being DS1 is not getting the pastoral care he needs. The new primary is full but after meeting the head she has said she would accept both on appeal.

So is it necessary for me to attend the appeal or just let them get on with it? I'm not sure whether I'm being complacent?

prh47bridge Tue 18-Mar-14 11:09:05

If you don't attend the appeal the panel will decide based on the written evidence only. If you do attend you can make your arguments in person and will also have the chance to question the school's representative to try and show weaknesses in the school's case to refuse admission.

The appeal panel will be looking for a good case for each of your sons. They won't admit your younger child just because an appeal for your older child is successful. And they are unlikely to be swayed by arguments about travel and child care arrangements being easier if both children are at the same school. You need to make a positive case as to why your younger child will be disadvantaged if they don't go to this school.

Divinity Tue 18-Mar-14 11:18:36

Thanks prh, that was helpful.I'll go and redo DS2s submission and put I will attend.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now