Talk

Advanced search

Secondary school admission - fed up already

(8 Posts)
Zingy123 Mon 10-Mar-14 16:00:32

Dd got our 3rd choice which we don't want but have accepted. On waiting lists for 1st and 2nd.

Acceptances have to be back by 17th but was told by LEA last week to call today to see if there is any movement. Called today to be told no news until after 17th don't know why I was told that.

We are 5th on waiting list for 1st choice which people keep telling me is great.

Looking into appeal but holding off incase there is movement next week.

Just feel in limbo all the time.

Really feel for those who haven't got a place at all.

mummytime Mon 10-Mar-14 17:20:23

5th is really good. My eldest got in from at least 25th. I haven't phoned yet to see where my DD is on her waiting list - but feel lucky we got an okay school. Lots of people have got the school no-one wants, or slightly better ones.

perspective Mon 10-Mar-14 20:24:02

5th sounds good. I think there is quite a big churn again after 17th. In my ds year, 8 children from his class were re allocated in the second round. Don't worry yet ( not easy I know).

perspective Mon 10-Mar-14 20:25:52

5th sounds good. I think there is quite a big churn again after 17th. In my ds year, 8 children from his class were re allocated in the second round. Don't worry yet ( not easy I know).

Bloodyteenagers Mon 10-Mar-14 20:32:13

Also start to think about why you are going to appeal the decision and the reasons why they should overturn their it.. I say this as someone who had a child who was 3rd on the waiting list. We knew we didn't really have a chance to get in. 4 years later, not thinking the name would stay on the list all that time, we had an offer.

TooBusyByHalf Tue 11-Mar-14 21:19:25

Feel for you. We are in the same boat. DD is 1st on the waiting list in her ability band for her first choice - but there are 9 bands, so only about 17 kids per band. Most of whom are siblings (who will obviously accept the offer and stay put). It's the most oversubscribed school in the world (not really obv. but it feels like it) and it's about 200 metres up the road and we live too far. AAgh. Just need one of those 17 to go private, or for their parent to be offered an amazing job abroad. Or something. The wait is awful, and the school told me the waiting list can move anytime from now to September - not necessarily after the 17th, so we could be in this position to the end of the summer. grr. And of course the waiting list may not move at all.

Zingy123 Wed 12-Mar-14 11:35:00

Thanks everyone. Hoping for some movement next week.

Fingers crossed for all those waiting for good news.

TooBusyByHalf Wed 12-Mar-14 16:00:06

Let us know Zingy will give us all hope!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now