Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend specific houses at Radley school?

(5 Posts)
celestialsquirrelnuts Mon 03-Mar-14 18:18:28

Which are the top picks at the moment? My ds2 has a place for sept 2016 and I will shortly be asked which couple of housemasters I want to meet to choose between...

J20kt Mon 03-Mar-14 23:40:25

Congratulations on the place! My ds is on "a long waiting list" for 2019 entry keeping fingers crossed but not sure what the movement will be like. I'd be interested in responses also.

celestialsquirrelnuts Tue 04-Mar-14 00:29:59

Thanks, although I can't take any credit for it really. When I was recovering from giving birth in early September my DH was, apparently, writing a letter to Radley so we appear to be almost top of the list for that year, amazingly enough. I'm not sure I even knew he'd done it until about a year ago...

grovel Tue 04-Mar-14 10:21:21

My DH was at Radley. Not really in a position to recommend housemasters (or tutors as they're called, I think) but would suggest you pick men who are fairly new in post so that they will probably be there all the time your DS is. You can get the info from the Radley website.

celestialsquirrelnuts Tue 04-Mar-14 15:40:47

Thanks grovel. Yes I think they have an expected life of about 6-8 years so that makes sense.
I just wondered if anyone had the inside scoop on who were currently considered to be the good ones. Anyone?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now