Talk

Advanced search

British schools/living in Seoul, South Korea

(4 Posts)
Hanjam Sun 02-Mar-14 19:46:02

Hello. I can't find much info on living in Seoul. We are due to relocate there in a few months with our children who are aged 6 through to 11. Can anyone tell me what it's like living there (we're from UK), good british schools and good areas to live? Thank you so much...

Schmedz Sun 02-Mar-14 21:47:20

Check out http://internationalschoolcommunity.com/home

There is also a website called international schools review but you need to pay membership and it is mainly aimed at teachers seeking work abroad. There is also british expat and localised chats on the forum.

Have you posted in the Living overseas forum on this website? Might have some more answers for you. It is in the homes and Gardens section (go figure!)

Smudge1 Mon 03-Mar-14 10:29:20

Hi, We lived in Seoul,South Korea for 3 years from 2006-2009 and had children of nearly 3 and 9 years old at that time. They went to SFBS school ( Seoul Foreign British School ) which is part of SFS ( Seoul Foreign School ) a US school, very large school and has fantastic facilities which are shared with the British school on the same site. My children had a great time there and didn't want us to move on. We stayed at the Fraser suites apartments in Insa-dong which I could also recommend right in the heart of the art district.A school bus goes from there to the school.Also look up" British association of Seoul" They were very helpful with settling in and plenty of events to help you meet new people. I hope this may help.

Hanjam Mon 03-Mar-14 19:51:33

Thank you both of you. I will try the recommended websites. Thank you for your info re schools and so glad your kids had a lovely time - here's hoping! I know more schools have opened up since.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now