Advanced search

How long should I wait to chase a pre prep for an application form?

(7 Posts)
LilyClouds Wed 26-Feb-14 13:05:16

I went to see a pre prep last Tuesday and I gave my email address so they could email me an application form. I still haven't heard anything despite me ringing last Friday. I spoke to the owner who told me they would send me a form that day. They still haven't.

Is this the norm? Should I be worried? Wondering whether it's a way of them telling me that they don't want me to apply!

Picturesinthefirelight Wed 26-Feb-14 13:09:38

If you were able to visit last week then they must be one if the schools that is on half term this week.

LadyMuck Wed 26-Feb-14 13:10:07

It doesn't bode well! It could be so oversubscribed and you have applied late so they don't need you, or else they are not very parent focussed.

But equally, life happens, and they could be soldiering on with the school secretary in hospital, and two members of staff out due to illness. If it is a school that you otherwise liked the look of, then it is worth persisting and making another enquiry (possibly by email so they definitely have it?)

Picturesinthefirelight Wed 26-Feb-14 13:10:24

Have you checked your spam folder. Emails from dds school keep going in there.

LilyClouds Wed 26-Feb-14 13:28:41

Thanks, I've been looking at my junk mail too.

Yes it is oversubscribed according to them and I have applied for a last minute type place. What is confusing was that I was told that if I wanted to be quick about this place to tell them ASAP. How can I do this if I don't have the form? I don't know how to handle this without sounding impolite?

LadyMuck Wed 26-Feb-14 13:37:59

IME it is worth keeping the right side of the school secretary regardless of how personable and competent they may or not be. But I can't see how an email on the lines of "Following our visit to St Esmerelda's last week, we would like to register for a place/assessment, but we don't appear to have received an application form yet. Would it be possible to email it to me so that I can return it asap." could be seen to be impolite? Though I would check that it definitely isn't their half term this week first!

LilyClouds Wed 26-Feb-14 17:25:47

Thanks LadyMuck. I'll try that. I'm dealing directly with the owner as I suspect there is no secretary.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: