Talk

Advanced search

Aberdour/chinthurst/mickle field/priory prep - waiting lists?

(8 Posts)
Kingswood123 Sat 15-Feb-14 11:59:36

Hello lovely mummies,

Friend at work has stressed us out by saying all of their kids were down on waiting lists before they were even born!

We've been waiting to decide on school having moved to area recently and son only 18 months. Trying to figure out what would be best for him.

Have we been stupid and left it too late? Can't see anywhere whether admission still possible or if massive waiting lists as friend suggests.

Looking for nursery place from simmer 2015 when son turns three.

Any help appreciated!!! All schools closed for half term so no one to speak to.

LIZS Sat 15-Feb-14 12:57:45

Don't know about those specifically but I doubt you are too late really. If children are on several lists there will be movement when they have to commit money to secure a place.

Kingswood123 Sat 15-Feb-14 13:13:35

Thank you Lizs. Hope so. Do independent schools usually say something on their websites when availability is limited? Not sure how much of the waiting list stuff is scaremongering or a real concern.

LIZS Sat 15-Feb-14 13:14:50

no they don't , you need to give the admissions secretary a call.

TwoBoysItsNoisey Mon 17-Feb-14 21:32:48

I am moving my eldest son currently Y1 and my preschool child to Chinthurst from Easter. They currently have spaces as they have moved from 1 class to 2 classes recently. For me it was hard work finding a school that could take both but there were schools that could take one. Luckily I loved Chinthurst and so it as all worked out.

Any way given my experience I really don't think you will struggle but I would ring up asap (that is the only way you will find out - schools don't publish waiting lists on the web). Also don't fret if you find your child on the waiting list - the waiting list apparently move very fast in the area.

Kingswood123 Tue 18-Feb-14 19:25:17

Thank you two boys. That is very useful!! Everything closed for half term but will be calling first thing Monday!

LIZS Tue 18-Feb-14 21:07:29

Most preps will have offices open this week even if half term . 11+ and 1+ results came out end of last week and there will be some ringing around to do if not as anticipated. Try ringing between 10 and 3 .

Kingswood123 Tue 18-Feb-14 22:16:46

Thanks Lizs. No one picking up around 9 but I will try again later in the morning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now