Talk

Advanced search

Long shot - anyone know anything about highgate school in N London?

(5 Posts)
Cll Tue 02-Mar-04 19:44:14

My ds has been offered a place after an assessment. I was so sure he wasn't going to get one I'd already accepted a place at local pre school where my dd went - which is a walk away but he has to leave and do the whole assessment thing at 4...BUT Highgate tho I think a good school is nowhere near where I have to get my dd every morning....hmmm
Just any info on Highgate would be good. Have to give our decision by tomorrow...

suzywong Tue 02-Mar-04 19:50:06

What kind of stuff so you want to know?

Cll Tue 02-Mar-04 21:45:40

Anything really from were the children happy, teachers good, gen atmos good to does it do well in the senior school. I know it's going co-ed. Think I've already decided that the logistics are going to be too tricky to accept , but there's this niggling thought that maybe this is a fantastic school and I should put myself out more to make it OK for him to go?
Sorry rambling and indecisive...

sykes Tue 02-Mar-04 22:17:25

Friends of mine are sending elder ds after entrance exams and other friends would like to send their children. Hear it's very academic - depends on the child.

donnie Thu 04-Mar-04 14:52:36

a friend of mine used to teach Classics there ( in the senior school obviously). V. academic and good results but be prepared to pay loads more than just the fees for trips etc. Also lots of rich people's/ celeb's sons go there so a fair bit of rivalry and snootiness among kids and parents. Also from a practical point, it ain't near a tube and the traffic is abysmal whether you approach from Archway, Holloway, Highgate or The Bishops Ave.Sorry to sound so negative!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »