Talk

Advanced search

Daydreaming DD is this something to worry about?

(4 Posts)
glassofwine Sun 04-Jun-06 21:36:05

Hi DD1 age 6, but in year 2 as she's an August birthday is a real daydreamer. She doesn't concentrate on school work, but will happily spend hours drawing or making things. She is bright, reads well, writes badly prefers numeracy or art but she's often in a dream. We have to ask her to do things like getting dressed time and time again as she'll drift off - her teacher has mentioned it too, but not in a concerned way more an observation. Is this worrying? or is she still young? Is there anything I can do to help? DH is a daydreamer too, but luckily he gets paid to do it.

glassofwine Mon 05-Jun-06 16:56:48

anyone?

Bink Mon 05-Jun-06 17:06:48

This thread was very helpful for me re my dreamy dreamy (and occasionally, just to be perverse, goofily disruptive) son (also year 2).

The upshot, if I remember right, was that waking up happens in its own good time - you can help along in the meantime, but if a child's going to be dreamy it's going to be dreamy. Sounds like you have a nice patient understanding teacher, which, so long as you think your dd is not missing out on learning (my ds certainly isn't), is all you need really.

AngelaD Mon 05-Jun-06 21:25:51

I'm just letting my DD be a dreamer for now, until the end of yr 2 at least.
I think mine will be very creative and at the end of the day if she's happy, i'm happy, if the school are too then that's a bonus that's all.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: