Talk

Advanced search

Stagecoach or Perform?

(5 Posts)
auntygiddy Tue 30-May-06 21:36:10

Can anyone tell me what the differences between stagecoach and perform are?

Bink Tue 30-May-06 23:28:05

In our experience - Perform is pretty low key. Lots of shy four- and five-year-olds, games that (though they change according to the theme of the term) seem to follow a set pattern each week and so become very familiar. The performance, such as it is, is short and simple. Altogether cosy. Dd (at five and a half) is growing out of it a bit, and though they say up to 8, ds (at 7) would be like a teenager at a nursery.

Have heard somewhat the opposite of Stagecoach - high energy, some pressure, etc. Hearsay, though, as we've not done it.

Jimjamskeepingoffvaxthreads Tue 30-May-06 23:56:02

ds2 (4) goes to Stagecoach, loves it. Lots of games. The performance for the early stages was low key (no idea about the older ones).

jura Wed 31-May-06 14:46:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

julienetmum Wed 31-May-06 21:39:46

I can't comment on Perform, I don't know much about them.

Stagecoach is all about increasing in confidence and self esteem, especially in the Early Stages class. End of term presentations are designed to show you the type of thing they do in class but they are designed so that everyone has a part to play withing their particular ability.

Class sizes are small and each school is independently inspected (with no warning) at least once a year.

The older classes can seem more high pressured but in reality they are still based around confidence and fun. The older students usually want to be worked hard, they get bored otherwise and yes some of them are serious about the performing arts but equally many just want to do it for enjoyment.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: