Talk

Advanced search

ITV Junior Workshop

(5 Posts)
SueW Sun 28-May-06 22:54:55

I wasn't quite sure where to put this but since the info came through school, here seems as good a place as any!

DD (9yo/Y4) has spent two hours this afternoon in a session with ITV Junior Workshop in Nottingham. Stressed as not an audition and not associated with any TV prog but as a 'chance to share in our drama activities on a one-off basis' in all the info that came with it, she thought it might be fun.

She was a bit nervous about going but came out on a real high having had a brilliant time. There were about a dozen children aged 8+ and they did various drama activities e.g. introducing themselves by saying/playing out their name in an unusual way that everyone then has to copy; having to persuade someone who was 'watching tv' to get out of the chair so they could get into it and watch what they wanted. Sounds like a lot of it was done in small groups.

She's already looking forward to the next opportunity to go.

Highly recommended if you are in the Nottingham area. If your children's school doesn't send out info about this, ask them to get in touch with the Drama Workshop so they can in future!

julienetmum Mon 29-May-06 22:04:40

I have it on good authority that they are now casting most of their children's programming via these workshops.

They hold them at various times then they have a pool of children to cast from rather than going through the agencies.

Glad your dd enjoyed it.

SueW Mon 29-May-06 23:56:39

My niece is a regular attendee on Saturday mornings - the sessions they do cast from. I think she's done 3 auditions already.

This was a holiday special though - 15x2hr workshops they are running over half term. We've had info before through school but it hasn't been convenient for DD to go. This holiday though we've been highly disorganised didn't already have plans when the letter came out and we managed to bag her a place on one of the sessions.

She loves her dance and drama lesson every week in school and she has chosen to do a drama day camp in the summer holidays but I don't think she's a budding star!

julienetmum Wed 31-May-06 21:44:24

As long as she enjoys it that is the main thing. Probably best she is not a budding star, it can be hard and fraught with disapointments.

The children I enjoy watching most in their lessons with us are the ones who just clearly enjoy what they are doing for the sake of it.

julienetmum Wed 31-May-06 21:46:07

As long as she enjoys it that is the main thing. Probably best she is not a budding star, it can be hard and fraught with disapointments.

The children I enjoy watching most in their lessons with us are the ones who just clearly enjoy what they are doing for the sake of it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: