Advanced search

Is there such a thing as a moderator between parents and schools?

(7 Posts)
banana87 Tue 11-Jun-13 17:55:04

Just wondering...

I know someone who is having problems with her child's secondary school, has made an official complaint to them in writing (pertaining directly to the way her child is treated at school) and has only got a defensive letter back. What would the next step be?

FadedSapphire Tue 11-Jun-13 18:00:17

Ask for school's complaint procedure?
[Was letter to Head and Governors?].

soapboxqueen Tue 11-Jun-13 18:13:27

As faded said, get a copy of the complaints policy. If a complaint had gone into the head, the next step would be the chair of governors then the LEA or dfe depending on academy status.

It's she being bullied by pupils or staff? One of the bullying websites may be able to give specific assistance.

banana87 Tue 11-Jun-13 18:59:35

Bullied by students but school denies it. Have advised them to contact bully UK but they had no answers other than put it in writing (which has now been done).

mrz Tue 11-Jun-13 19:06:48

Parent Partnership

twentyten Tue 11-Jun-13 21:08:17

Second using parent partnership.good luck!!

nannyof3 Tue 11-Jun-13 21:09:16

PTFA? Ofsted?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now