Talk

Advanced search

How come DS is doing SATs in year 3?

(8 Posts)
bubblerock Thu 25-May-06 16:56:52

I just tried to search and could only find conversations about year 2 and year 6 SATs. DS did some last year in year 2 but he did some this week too, do they just do them every year, but some are important and some aren't?

Also, what do the scores mean at this stage? He got 4's in all subjects, I assume this is okay (he hasn't been struggling afaik) - I wish they would communicate more with us parents, it's changed so much since I was at school!

Piffle Thu 25-May-06 16:58:42

Are they not called CATS in between STATS and SATS?
Annual tests to assess and monitor progress, in order for schools to impress OFSTED [sigh]

Celia2 Thu 25-May-06 16:59:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Piffle Thu 25-May-06 16:59:40

Not CATS soz... QCA's

hewlettsdaughter Thu 25-May-06 17:00:20

I think at ds' school kids not in years 2 and 6 do 'optional' SATS. Soulds like your ds' school do them too.

sugarfree Thu 25-May-06 17:02:05

My son got 4s in year 6! Well done your son

bubblerock Thu 25-May-06 17:09:30

Maybe they are different then, I didn't even know until last week when DS said he had some practice papers before his tests this week - he didn't seem stressed by it at all and he's finished for half term now, having read the threads about year 6 SATs I am not looking forward to those!!

Hallgerda Thu 25-May-06 17:30:35

They're optional SATs. (It's the school that can opt to do them or not, not the child). Level 4 is the Government target for the end of Year 6, so your son is doing very well.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: