Talk

Advanced search

Philosophy Club

(4 Posts)
indyandlara Fri 24-May-13 12:14:02

I will be starting a Philosophy Club in school next term and wondered if people have any experience of this? It will be selective as it is to offer an academic activity for the highly able kids and will be for p4 upwards. All thoughts welcome!

YokoUhOh Fri 24-May-13 12:25:35

I used to run Philosophy4Children sessions in my previous secondary; they were a great introduction to profound thinking and asking interesting questions about any given topic. Google 'P4C', I think there's a website.

Schmedz Fri 24-May-13 17:14:11

We've run P4C on a regular basis for all our primary school children. It is a great program, and certainly not just for the academically able! Teaches thinking skills and a whole range of other life skills, such as listening to others, taking turns, being succinct, arguing another perspective etc... You can take SAPERE qualifications too.

basildonbond Sat 25-May-13 08:26:27

Dd's primary school runs philosophy sessions for all children from year 4 upwards - they love it

Her class did their class assembly based on what they were doing in the sessions

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now