Talk

Advanced search

Independent 6th form school strong in "contemporary" dance

(10 Posts)
bulletpoint Mon 20-May-13 11:41:54

Does anyone know of any school fairly academic but that offers contemporary dance? I saw a thread weeks ago someone was asking for something similar but for music, I can't remember what the thread title was. I've checked Bede's but it seems they only do classical ? i may be wrong.

bulletpoint Mon 20-May-13 11:43:01

don't know what happened to my title there, just wanted to say "contemporary" dance.

Picturesinthefirelight Mon 20-May-13 11:45:48

Hammond but its not overly academic

Abbots Bromley

Picturesinthefirelight Mon 20-May-13 11:49:57

Hurtwood House

bulletpoint Mon 20-May-13 13:49:35

i just had a look at Hurtswood house website and it looks good. I forgot to mention girl in question prefers co-ed (i think Hammond is single sex). Thanks for your replies please keep them coming.

Picturesinthefirelight Mon 20-May-13 14:06:02

Hammond isn't single sex. Abbots Bromley is though.

Mutteroo Mon 20-May-13 21:22:41

Bedes have the Legat dance school but I they do contemporary dance too or they did up until last year!

CowsGoMoo Mon 20-May-13 22:13:28

Bedes always did Contemporary dance. I used to know the dance teachers husband as I worked alongside him

bulletpoint Tue 21-May-13 14:53:22

Thanks for clarifying things with Hammond and Bedes! will certainly have a look at them all.

ohdearnevermind Mon 27-May-13 20:26:21

Frensham Heights has a very strong dance department and a mixed sixth form, you should have a look!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now