Talk

Advanced search

Lavant House

(4 Posts)
MIlesdavis Sun 19-May-13 18:08:20

Hi all: Does anyone know anything about Lavant School outside of Chichester? I've heard the head is leaving and I am thinking of it for my daughter. Thanks so much!

Mutteroo Mon 20-May-13 22:02:05

Pupil numbers dropping & its a tiny school to start with! I hope current parents come along with a happier experience as I only have second hand experience of friends. They moved their DC to Seaford College.

MIlesdavis Sun 26-May-13 10:37:15

Thanks for the insight. It looks lovely, but the headmistress leaving worries me. My daughter has APD and dyslexia and needs a small school and our current head recommended we meet the new headmistress in autumn. We looked at Seaford, what it does, it does very well, but it's very boy-heavy - my very shy and gentle daughter would be the only girl in her class!

shojuli Mon 16-May-16 09:38:34

Yes, headmistress left in 2013 and new headmistress and junior head started, things definitely went downhill. They don't have the staff to support any special educational need, and pastoral care is none existent. Both junior and senior school are unsupportive to special needs but at the same time don't offer any academic extension for capable students either. This school is in a beautiful location, let down by inadequate staffing, terrible communication across the school and a poor understanding of children's needs. We left long before the closure was announced, so are not entirely surprised that this has happened.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now