Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

East Sheen Primary School - 2013 and beyond

(9 Posts)
lightf Thu 09-May-13 11:54:58

Hi there,

I'm looking to buy a house in East Sheen and heard a lot of good things about East Sheen Primary. (Looking for places 2015 and 2016). I understand there's a new Headteacher since the last Ofsted 'outstanding' report (I believe she was previously the Deputy) and I wonder if anyone can tell me how the school is faring under the new Head's leadership? Any personal reviews of the school would be really useful. (I am trying to visit the school but they don't seem to be able to organise it just yet for some reason). Thanks!!

QuintessentialOHara Thu 09-May-13 21:09:00

You can safely move to East Sheen. Both East Sheen, Barnes and St Mary Mags are Ofsted Oustanding and great schools.

I know people with children in all three, and they are all happy.

AlienAttack Thu 09-May-13 21:39:37

But make sure you look into furthest distances offered for each school and ensure you are not in the no mans lands in east sheen in which you don't qualify for east sheen or sheen mount. And I readily admit I don't know what impact the new free school of Thomson house has had so you will need to check that out too.

lightf Fri 10-May-13 11:34:49

Thanks both. I've studied the catchment areas with a fine tooth comb (hence given up on sheen mount!) and have a house in mind that is easily within catchment for ES. Just anxious to know more first hand experiences of the school itself as for some reason it is v hard to arrange a visit - diary not to hand, calls not returned, office phone rarely answered anyway... not giving me much confidence! Desperate to hear that it's GREAT smile Particularly under the new Head.

QuintessentialOHara Fri 10-May-13 14:50:45

It does not really inspire confidence, though, does it? confused

esps Sat 11-May-13 00:03:23

Next prospective parent tours at East Sheen Primary are on 13th June and 4th July, both at 9.30 am. You can just turn up, or phone and leave a message to say you're coming.

It's a brilliant school and the new head is great. Feel free to pm me (private message) if you want to know any more about the school.

lightf Sat 11-May-13 10:17:28

I have an appointment! Must have been a glitch in the system. Panic subsiding...smile

still love to hear any feedback from other parents at the school.

flanka Tue 14-May-13 17:06:46

It is a fantastic school, proven results - http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/public/goodschools/article444384.ece tops the others in the borough.

Be careful with catchment though, particularly with those years as they will be huge sibling years, unless the home you are eyeing is within 400 metres of the school you may be out of luck.

Sheenee Tue 28-May-13 15:39:30

As above - it is a great school. Can't recommend it highly enough

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now