Talk

Advanced search

A level Spanish for Spanish resident

(4 Posts)
Jobforlife Thu 11-Apr-13 22:21:15

My DD is in the process of considering her choice of subjects for AS level next September. We live in Spain, and she would like to take Spanish, but I'm worried that when it comes to applying to UK Universities, they may not count it as highly because we live here and they might think it's an 'easy' option... In fact, we have only been here since she was in year 8, she goes to a British school, and has only learnt Spanish since she moved here, so it will be just as challenging an option as any other A level subject for her.
Has anyone had any experience of this situation? (suppose it could be any other MFL)

KenDoddsDadsDog Sat 13-Apr-13 10:59:08

I studied Spanish at Uni with quite a few ex pat residents or those that had Spanish parents. Made no difference at all with grades etc.

Jobforlife Sun 14-Apr-13 06:21:02

Thanks KenDoddsDadsDog. Was that just those studying Spanish at Uni, or other subjects as well? My DD is looking at studying Law at Uni.

KenDoddsDadsDog Sun 14-Apr-13 07:46:28

I only knew of those ont course. But you would think if it wouldn't count anywhere as being 'easier' it would be for a degree in Spanish. I did Spanish with Catalan plus literature, history etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now