Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Science - what's streamlining in forces and speed?

(3 Posts)
Madmog Mon 21-Jan-13 09:30:15

My daughter has a number of tasks to complete for homework this month relating to forces and speed. One is to complete a factsheet on "Streamlining". Does anyone know what this is in relation to forces and speed or could direct us to a website which an 11/12 year might understand.

Can find any info ourselves on computer or books we have at home and my daughter hasn't got a clue what they are looking for.

mummytime Mon 21-Jan-13 09:43:51

I'd look on Bbcbitesize. However streamlining is to do with reducing air-resistance, the force created by air molecules resisting being moved by an object passing through (or if in water it is water-resistance which is bigger, because water is a liquid so the molecules are closer together and have more attraction to each other).

Madmog Mon 21-Jan-13 10:04:17

Thanks for that. She's in Year 7 and all other independent learning has been done at KS3 level so I guess she overlooked BBCbitesize GCSE. Have found something that seems to help so hopefully she can work it out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now