Advanced search

parent school communication

(4 Posts)
opt123 Sat 10-Nov-12 13:44:06

if my child has a problem at the school, who can i go to? are people put off from contacting the school directly?

Fedupnagging Sat 10-Nov-12 16:49:51

It depends on the problem, age of your child and type of school.

For example, if your dc is at a comprehensive school, chances are they will have some sort of pastoral support team you could approach. If its more a learning problem, there will be heads of years etc.

If your dc is still at primary school, generally their class teacher is a good place to start or again, head of year/key stage.

roisin Sat 10-Nov-12 17:20:01

I usually find the most productive approach is to go direct (by email, phone message, or letter) addressed specifically to a named member of staff, who I know is either responsible for that particular area, or I think may be responsible - but will pass it on if not.

Durab Sat 10-Nov-12 17:39:33

If a primary school, I'd contact the class teacher (via school office or email if you prefer) and arrange a meeting with the teacher. Don't go over the teacher's head without giving them an opportunity to sort things out first.

If it's a bullying/welfare type issue, then some schools have a home school liaison or learning mentor who's job is to help and you may be pointed in that direction by the teacher.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: