Talk

Advanced search

Quick bursary question

(8 Posts)
butisthismyname Tue 06-Nov-12 11:17:32

Do they all ask about cars?? Are debts taken into account? I was informed by the head that the main thing they wish to know is have we any savings. I'm also aware it's a very long form, I just need to start getting the paperwork ready as we are due to recive it in the next few days.

3nationsfamily Tue 06-Nov-12 11:59:40

I think each school will be different in the specific information they require, but here is an indication of the kinds of things you will be asked for. You need to gather up your P11D, P60, mortgage statement, statements for any other loans/ debts you have, get an online car valuation (rough), we had to provide copy of our house/ contents insurance (to show you don't have a Van Gough on the living room wall I presume!) . We had to provide savings statements, details of any Isa's etc., an indication of house value (use Zoopla or equivalent). They also took into account whether both parents were working (and if not, why not!) . I am financially pretty aware, and the form took me hours and hours! But it was worth it in the end.

butisthismyname Tue 06-Nov-12 12:19:15

That's pretty much what I thought! Thanks.

middleclassonbursary Tue 06-Nov-12 17:34:51

We were not asked about cars for my DS's senior school but we were asked about the total value of out asset about £5000 and this obviously included the cars. At prep we were asked the registration number and make of our cars. Also at senior school we have never been asked how much we spend on utilities/ council tax petrol food etc but we asked how many in our family and any expenses our other child incurs. There is a section for any other expenses which we usually leave blank but as both my DH and I drive nearly 450 miles a week each to work and our petrol bill is becoming eye watering and if the price of petrol continues to rise we will ask to have it taken into consideration.
We don't find the forms particularly onerous its easy when you can write 0 for everything no savings ISA's investments shares 2nd 3rd 4th homes mortgage insurance stately homes rolling acres etc. We are asked about debts but we dint really have any of those either just a small overdraft. The hardest bit was unearthing our tenancy agreement!

derekthehamster Tue 06-Nov-12 17:38:55

Our school doesn't ask about cars or debts, but does ask about savings and assets (not an issue!), house valuation. I photocopy the completed form, as year on year it doesn't change much!

derekthehamster Tue 06-Nov-12 17:39:30

As in I can then use the previous years form to complete the new form.

butisthismyname Tue 06-Nov-12 18:31:03

I'm not at all worried about the savings issue as we have none at all! also our cars put together will be worth around £600 grin. I just need to start finding all the 'bits' as we are due to get the form this week [scared]. Will be interesting to do as well to see how much little we actually have grin

butisthismyname Tue 06-Nov-12 18:31:36

there will be a lot of '0's for sure !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now