Talk

Advanced search

Malala Yousufzai

(10 Posts)
kerrygrey Sun 21-Oct-12 15:56:36

Against great odds it seems there is every hope that she will make a complete recovery. Then she goes home to be targeted by another Taliban assassin??
Will some girls' boarding school in the UK not come forward and offer her a 100% bursary - is there any way that they can be encouraged to do so?

creamteas Sun 21-Oct-12 16:22:25

Give the general level of racism/xenophobia against foreigners, and especially those who are deemed to be getting something for nothing (eg the constant claims about 'bogus asylum seekers'), it would really surprise me if she wanted to stay.

kerrygrey Sun 21-Oct-12 19:14:49

In my experience those sorts of attitudes are not usually found in schools whose boarders come from all over the globe.

Sirzy Sun 21-Oct-12 19:16:32

I think if she wants to stay (and her family of course) to finish her education then I hope that is arranged somehow.

However, if she wants to go back and carry on her fight there then that should also be supported!

kerrygrey Sun 21-Oct-12 21:11:14

If she insists on going back then of course she must. But she will probably be murdered, and she is a young girl not a soldier.

MsAverage Sun 21-Oct-12 23:00:52

Creamteas, I am a foreigner, I feel more emotionally and physically secure here than in my country of origin. The thing which annoys me miles more than xenophobia is the constant humiliation of single parents (I have full house, a migrant and a single mother smile).

ExitPursuedByAaaaaarGhoul Sun 21-Oct-12 23:04:55

I am sure that something will be sorted for her, but I would not be suprised if she wants to go back.

Brave girl.

boomting Fri 26-Oct-12 01:09:00

Her father has said in the past few days that she will be returning to Pakistan. I rather hope he changes his mind though - it appears almost certain that she will be murdered by the Taliban.

Asylum cases don't come much stronger than this one.

ReallyTired Fri 26-Oct-12 15:00:57

I suppose that Malala Yousufzai wants to live with her friends and family in the area that she has grown up all her life. She doesn't want to live in a foreign land where she can't speak the language and they have different customs to what she is used to.

I hope that Pakistan do more to ensure her safety as its likely she will be murdered by the Taliban.

givemeaclue Fri 26-Oct-12 17:21:31

She doesn't have asylum so she can't stay anyway. Her family don't intend to seek asylum they wish to return to Pakistan

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now