Talk

Advanced search

School information on your iPhone

(5 Posts)
TWP00U Fri 05-Oct-12 11:19:19

I'm the governor of a school and I was on the train the other day and was looking over the shoulder of a lady who had an App that showed her a whole load of information about her children at school. Of what I saw there looked to be attendance, timetable and meal information on there. But before I got the chance to ask her about it she got off the train!
Now I am wishing I had, I thought that would be a good idea for our school - anybody know what it's called? what do people think? - would this be useful?

bruffin Fri 05-Oct-12 11:40:05

DCs school has just got Go4schools
Not sure if they have an app but have accessed it from my mobile with no problems

Mominatrix Fri 05-Oct-12 17:27:30

Might be part of the school's intranet. DS's school has one which lists the above info, as well as copies of all his school reports to date and all exam results to date. Also, handily, it has a PDF of weekend prep should it inevitably get lost. It is not an app though, and is accessible through the parent portal of their intranet.

cricketballs Fri 05-Oct-12 18:11:31

We also use go4schools, all information is held on there for parents, including all good behaviour, work as well as inappropriate behaviour, lack of homework, late to lessons....as a teacher I love it; its amazing how much homework, behaviour etc has improved since we started using it.

Not sure about an app, but log on online and every detail is available

HeartsTrumpDiamonds Fri 05-Oct-12 18:13:50

A friend was telling me about this at her DC's school. Through it you can also pay for school trips, dinner money etc. I think it was called something like Parentplus or something - sorry can't be of more help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now