Talk

Advanced search

Need to find a Bristol school to visit

(3 Posts)
Lara2 Thu 27-Sep-12 15:19:13

I'm a teacher in Hampshire - 2 form entry primary school, mostly white, English speaking families. Alot of our children join us in Year R, well below national expectations, fair amount of SEN and free school meals.
Our site is Victorian, no green areas at all. Year R have no exclusive use of their own area, we have to share with Year 1 and Year 2 at times.

So, my problem is that my Head has given us the opportunity of visiting an outstanding school anywhere in the country ( but prefer the southern part of the country - Bristol?) so we can see how to get from Good to Outstanding next Ofsted round. The best thing would be a primary very similar to ours - sharing the outside area, no green, fairly deprived.

Any ideas anyone? All suggestions very gratefully received - we have to go 2nd week in November.

TIA!!

Rubirosa Thu 27-Sep-12 15:31:41

I think St. Anne's Infant School is outstanding, not sure about the outside space though and wouldn't describe it as deprived, though not a middle class school.

Filton Avenue Infants is outstanding as well, quite a big school, diverse and quite deprived. Again, not sure about outside space.

crazymum53 Fri 28-Sep-12 14:51:18

How about Hillcrest primary school in Totterdown. Victorian building with only concrete playground, 60 pupils entry, possibly a bit more ethnically diverse than Hampshire. An Outstanding school in an area that is very mixed socially.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now