Talk

Advanced search

A Riotous Round Of Rampant Applause for the posters heres

(3 Posts)
fastweb Tue 25-Oct-11 13:32:10

To all the many wonderful people who post on education. (and a special mention for NobelGiraffe who stuck with me in about four Threads of My Deep Angst)

I thanks you.

My son (11yo) just came second in the first huge maths test of the year, all about Set Theory.

And it is all down to you lovely people. For showing me resources, explaining, helping me work out what the only possible long term solution was, calming me down and reassuring me my son wasn't thick and I wasn't bonkers.

Cos otherwise I would have given up even trying.

I was lost, and via you I was was found <spiritual moment> and managed to beat some of it into my sons head.

For those who are interested given the way the conversarion went .....

Final results

1st Scrape pass (class genius, usually gets 10 in everything) (6)

2nd Narrow Fail (my boy)(5) (18 correct out of 31)

Rest of the class Dramatic Fail 3/2/1

thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks

If I could kiss you all I would.

So be gratful there is an iPad and some large Alp type obstructions between us.

grin

<nest of vipers my left bum cheek>

<MNHQ this board deserves a medal or something>

Happy dances off to celebrate with 11yo who came home in utter delight.

noblegiraffe Tue 25-Oct-11 20:13:44

Congratulations, you must be so pleased. And relieved.

A testament to your excellent teaching. Your maths is obviously better than you think smile

fastweb Tue 25-Oct-11 21:01:45

Oh I am love, I have been dreading this test. I feel like a big black cloud just got blown away.

He still doesn't like school but he had his preconceptions about his own abilities challenged compared to everybody else when he realised what his placement was.

I just wanted you guys to know that the time and effort you spend answering questions and helping solve knotty problems on this board makes a real difference back in RL.

I wish you could have seen his face when he came home from school with this huge massive grin.

I haven't seen him that happy in what feels like a very long time.

thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now