Talk

Advanced search

Teddington School Catchment

(9 Posts)
Ally43 Mon 17-Oct-11 18:07:48

Hi
Does anyone have any idea / opinion on what the catchment area is for Teddington School.
I know you have to be in a linked school, but as it is oversubscribed, I have heard that a lot of children from linked schools have not got in. Last year, I believe the maximum distance was just over 3 miles, what with the recession, and the great new build, I imagine it will shrink quite a bit. We have to move, and have seen a property 1.1 miles away, is this too far??? or am i being paranoid smile

hester Mon 17-Oct-11 18:10:03

There always seem to be lots of heated rumours about this; I'm afraid I don't know what's fact. Can it be true that lots of children from the linked schools didn't get in? I hadn't heard that.

1.1 miles does seem very close; hard to believe you wouldn't get in. But I'm sure a school expert will be along soon to put us both right smile

mustdash Mon 17-Oct-11 18:11:26

Not sure what direction you are in, but in latest intake got in as far away as Burtons Road in Hampton (possibly further), though the year before that it was I think the end of Conaught Rd.

The catchment shrunk drastically (from by the 316 a couple of years ago) so I'd be careful if you are set on it.

Good luck.

mustdash Mon 17-Oct-11 18:14:17

And yes, being in a linked Primary helps for just now, but it is not a guarantee.

hester Mon 17-Oct-11 18:15:12

How old are your dc, Ally43?

Ally43 Mon 17-Oct-11 18:19:33

DS is in Yr 6, so we should be alright for now with linked status.
Can't remember where I heard about the linked children not getting in, I think it was some literature from the education dept.

corlan Mon 17-Oct-11 20:17:31

If you ask the admissions department at the council they will tell you exactly where children got in from this year - they are very helpful.

Ally43 Mon 17-Oct-11 21:08:03

That would def. be useful, thanks.

hester Mon 17-Oct-11 22:39:02

Oh, well surely you'll be fine then? It won't change that much in a year.

Best of luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now