Talk

Advanced search

Pre prep or nursery? Help!

(6 Posts)
Monstef Fri 14-Oct-11 12:18:50

I am so confused, please help! i have a local state school judged outstanding by ofsted and also two ofsted outstanding nurseries nearby.

Mulberry house and devonshire house pre preps (from2yrs) are also an option.

My aim is for my children to go to UCS or Highgate boys for secondary school.

Whats the best way to do this? nursery? Pre prep? Do i avoid state school?

Thanks!

horsemadmom Fri 14-Oct-11 14:14:57

See previous post on your other thread. If you want UCS and Highgate at 7+, go to Hampstead Hill.

Monstef Sat 15-Oct-11 18:54:53

Thanks horsemadmom, will they be unlikely to get in to ucs and highgate if they went to mulberry?

Monstef Sat 15-Oct-11 18:58:57

Ps the reason i would be reluctant to send thm to hampsteae hill would be travelling distance. I could walk to mulberry but not to hampstead hill.

hampsteadmum Mon 17-Oct-11 10:40:31

Mulberry House sends most of its boys to UCS and Highgate at 7+ so it is a very safe bet. Very similar to Hamsoptead Hill suggested (and as far as I know less chaotic). Many kids from Devonshire also go to UCS and Highgate at 7+, but they are usually tutored on the side as the school does not prep them specifically for these exams (they want them to stay until 13+). If you are only interested in UCS and Highgate as secondary schools you have a variety of options in prep schools, including Devonshire, North Bridge etc. But if you are set on UCS and Highgate and are considering independent education from junior school (7+) then Mulberry House is probably your best bet (particularly if it is walking distance from you).

Monstef Wed 19-Oct-11 12:06:24

Excellent! I have just been offered two places at Mulberry house which i have accepted so boys will start when they turn two. Thanks so much horsemadmom you have put my mind at rest and i can now stop fretting for a while.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now