Talk

Advanced search

clifton high school in bristol???

(5 Posts)
cantstandthenoise Wed 12-Oct-11 21:30:53

Does anyone know what Clifton high school is like? Is it supposed to be quite nurturing and less pushy than other bristol independent schools? I want my son to go to a private school but think he needs somewhere not too pushy etc?

tommyfools Wed 12-Oct-11 22:45:06

It was okay when I went (a few years ago though) not like some of the others in Brizzle) I liked it as did my 3 DBros
QEH is probably about the same (lot of guardian readers who send their kids private in bristol chose that - well that is how we always explained it, looks like Hogwarts but not stuffy at all)
Colston School (not Colston Girls - this is not same sex) is okay I think (in the stuffy grounds).

Actually the only really really stuffy ones I can think of are Girls schools.

cantstandthenoise Wed 12-Oct-11 23:03:44

thank you. I've seen QEH and yes I thought it seemed very pushy but probably great results. I want somewhere where the pastoral care is very good. Do you think Clifton High is like that?

stringerbell Sun 16-Oct-11 09:43:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

crazymum53 Sun 16-Oct-11 19:33:17

Are you considering this school for primary or secondary level. It has been co-ed for primary for a long time but only co-ed at secondary for a few years (used to be all girls at secondary) and I believe they may teach boys and girls separately for some subjects.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now