Opinions on Royal Masonic School for girls wanted Please!!!!

(6 Posts)
motherhood5 Sun 09-Oct-11 10:24:49

I'm going to move my dd back to the private soon and I just wanted to hear about the above sch from parents who send or sent their daughters to RMS, or know families who have. Going to open day today so that will help with decision making but some advice still needed.

Thank you smile

BerylOfLaughs Sun 09-Oct-11 20:47:29

I knew friends who went there 20 years ago and it was a lovely school, very nice, very supportive. My friend was dyslexic and she got really good results.
I haven't looked at it recently but I'd be happy to send my DD there if I could.

CeciC Sun 09-Oct-11 22:23:21

My dds and me went to the open day. We were very impressed. What I liked the school a lot. The girl that showed us around spoke very well about the school and she was very proud of her achivements even though she didn't get an A in all her GCES but she did as well as she could and that was celebrated as well.
We have friends that have daughters in RMS, and they are very happy with the school.
For us our first choice is state, St Clements Danes, is where most of my DD1 friends will go, and we should get in as well, but we will probably sit the exam for RMS. Going private could be possible, but with another DD it would be stuggle to pay for 2 sets of Fees.

reallytired Mon 10-Oct-11 16:45:02

I know a family who have two daughters at the RMS. They are lovely girls and a credit to their parents. One daughter is badly dyspraxic and the other girl is very academic. Both have flourished socially and academically.

I have no personal experience. My dd is too young and my ds is at a state school.

LazyDaisy123 Mon 10-Oct-11 20:59:17

I know a teacher from RMS, secondary. Nice school, good for all abilities. Having read above posts it seems lots of girls with needs do well there.
Have you thought about other North London girls schools?
My dd goes to Heathfield in Pinner, GDST school. Outstanding Ofsted and ISI reports. Was really impressed by the girls they turn out - a Y6 showed us round and she loved her school. Great KS2/3 results and really balanced curriculum. Not too heavy/pushy but still get good grades.

Cantgetgirly Mon 23-May-16 16:55:04

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now