Advanced search

Are there advisors or anything similar for an adult wanting to return to education?

(4 Posts)
ChuffMuffin Tue 27-Sep-11 20:39:14

I need someone to talk to independently about returning to education. I have no idea what I'm doing fees wise, or course wise, or anything like that. It's been 10 years since I left secondary school and I so wish I'd gone to college. I only work part time but because DH works full time I would have to pay fees, which are astronomical for the courses I have seen.

I also can't find anywhere in my area at all that offers the NVQ course I want.. which is Maths NVQ 2. Which is daft!

Argh. Can anyone point me in the direction of someone/somewhere I might be able to get information that actually makes sense please?

Thanks smile

ilovesooty Thu 29-Sep-11 21:48:06

You can search for courses and funding here. You can register on the site, talk to the phone advisers and access one or three face to face sessions in your area depending on whether you fall into one of the priority groups.

OneMoreMum Fri 30-Sep-11 08:25:29

Not an NVQ but have you considered the Open University? I am half way through a maths degree but they do an introductory maths course for people who haven't studied it before:

southeastastra Fri 30-Sep-11 08:36:47

can you do an NVQ in maths? would have thought that was impossible as NVQs are work based. what about an A Level instead

our local college is fantastic with advice though MN is pretty good too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now