Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Essex school lets TV cameras in for 4 parter Channel 4 9pm tonight (thursday)

(6 Posts)
chill1243 Thu 22-Sep-11 14:10:55

It can be a risky business exposing a school to the TV cameras. But they seem to have got permission from everyone at the school. I hope it lives up to its billing.

Anotherchance Thu 22-Sep-11 14:25:28

ha,ha, so do I! Nearly went to this school, but was sent to another because the walk to school was safer. HT at my school spent all his time telling us we were dust and worth nothing. Looks like this school might be doing a better job with some pretty challenging children - we'll see!!

Still, not to worry, managed to make it to uni, now qualified to post grad level and working in a senior position related to education (and MN is a valid research tool!!)

chill1243 Thu 22-Sep-11 14:36:18

Anotherchance. Yes. you have done well. I think the series will get some negative press. (A lot of worthwhile things do) But it should have something to teach us.

Anotherchance Thu 22-Sep-11 15:21:18

The school have a planned INSET day tomorrow - cant think why?!

chill1243 Fri 23-Sep-11 10:07:02

INSET day, yes I suppose the tabloids would have their snappers at the gates of the school after last nights episode on discipline.

That episode was bound to concentrate on the naughty pupils. I expect the next 3 episodes will show us some actual teaching.

Because passmore does apparently get good exam results.

Anotherchance Fri 23-Sep-11 11:48:50

Yes, it's generally the highest performing school, other than the catholic school, in the town. I think it's portrayal of the issues was actually realistic and I think that the staffs approach - relaxed and friendly, with a real emphasis on helping the problem children achieve something - is absolutely the right approach for the town.

I wish those teachers had been my teachers!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now