Talk

Advanced search

Teachers in private schools can I ask please...

(6 Posts)
clutteredup Wed 21-Sep-11 14:42:58

.. at risk of this turning into another one of those pro - anti- arguments i was wondering do you have DC at same school and what if any discounts do you get?
I'm looking to go back to work in independent sector but have DC now and was wondering what discounts I could likely get without having to ask directly at interview blush

michaelaB Wed 21-Sep-11 18:39:05

Why would you not ask? It's entirely reasonable to know the T&Cs of the job before or at interview. Most indies will include the staff discount on their website or in written details. From my experience, discounts vary from about 75-0% with 50% being common in senior schools.

MindtheGappp Wed 21-Sep-11 18:52:35

I have two of my children in school with me.

There is no rule about fee remission. Some schools give nothing, others give 90%.

EndoplasmicReticulum Wed 21-Sep-11 22:42:08

No, my children are not at my school (I teach secondary, they are primary). I expect when you apply they will give you that information - as others have said it can't hurt to ask.

clutteredup Thu 22-Sep-11 13:01:23

Thanks it was more to do with praticalities in advance of applying ie if they offer enough of a fee remission i could take DDs with me and then not have to worry about childcare arrangements - if I go to a school which is more than 40 mins away I'll be having to find someone to take my DC before 7.30 which is tricky to find. I don't want to sound like I'm only applying for the job to have DDs in school, I really want to go back to work and I'm trying to find realistic childcare arrangements given I expect to have to be in work by 8 am.

clutteredup Thu 22-Sep-11 13:02:19

No chance of help from family or DH family miles away and DH often away for days at a time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now