Talk

Advanced search

Considering leaving

(5 Posts)
Thinkitover Wed 07-Sep-11 17:38:13

I'm not sure the prep school that my dc is currently at for pre-prep is the right place for them to be.

We've got a couple of trial days at other schools this term, as the scholarships are all in January/February.

Will my dc be treated negatively if the school think they are leaving?

We may well not leave the school, tbh it maybe a case of better the devil you know. But would the school look at us negatively for having considered leaving?

I don't want to keep from the school that my dc has been on trial days and that is why they have missed school, because I don't want the pressure on my dc of thinking they have to lie etc.

Jesusgirl Wed 07-Sep-11 19:09:32

It's a tough one really and it could be 2 ways. 1. School could treat them different or They'd try extra hard to convince you to leave them there.

I doubt if the former would be the case though. I'm sure school is used to kids leaving for different reasons. It would be highly unprofessional if they treated them funny.

I'd say level up with them and let them know you haven't made any decisions yet and you're just considering and you may well leave them there.

At the end of the day, they're YOUR kids and you pay to get something close to the best for them and if you're not 100% satisfied, you have a right to find somewhere else. I'm sure the school will be ok with it.

Thinkitover Wed 07-Sep-11 20:33:14

Thank you for that Jesusgirl.

It's hard as you don't want to mess the kids up in anyway, either by making life difficult for them, or making the wrong decision.

mel38 Wed 07-Sep-11 20:41:44

we are currently in the same situation and it is so hard , we had to send our daughter back knowing she has a trial day tomorrow and friday at 2 other schools . we should have made our minds up before the summer holidays really and feel so bad for messing our daughter around but you must remember you are doing what you think is best for your children and they should respect that and not hold anything against you xx good luck xx

Thinkitover Wed 07-Sep-11 21:10:08

It is difficult because until the trial days you can't make a definite decision can you?

Because if you did and then the child found it awful for whatever reason, you'd have to then alter it, after making the decision.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now