Advanced search


(5 Posts)
funspot Sun 04-Sep-11 17:16:29

Hi, I am a Mum of two children, one of whom has special educational needs. I am also a qualified teacher (20 years experience from nursery to Y6).
I would very much like to start my own educational consultancy offering advice and assistance on a range of educational matters, including special educational needs, tutoring and supporting parents and their children on an individual basis. Do you think there is a need for a service like this?

YummyHoney Sun 04-Sep-11 20:40:36

No. I don't think there would be a rush of people paying you to 'consult' regarding their DC as they can gain support and information free from other people, schools, friends and internet sites (including forums).

I also don't think being a teacher qualifies you as being an expert on all these matters, and nor does having a child with special needs.

southeastastra Sun 04-Sep-11 20:41:43

yes, as long as you don't charge too much. there is a need for affordable help

Erebus Sun 04-Sep-11 21:05:54

Yes, I think a lot of parents would find having a single source of the relevant info, costs and funding etc. along with some insider knowledge of what's useful and what isn't would be useful.

racingheart Wed 07-Sep-11 14:15:05

Yes although I can't see quite how this differs from basic tutoring. The tutors round here give assessments, consultations, advice on which schools to apply to, referrals to specialist units etc. Would you be doing the same, or something extra to that?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: