Talk

Advanced search

Peckham school Getting a lot of praise on media the other day

(4 Posts)
chill1243 Sat 27-Aug-11 12:27:10

I have forgotten its name. It had a religious ring. Sacred may have been in the name. I noticed it because it cropped up on many TV and radio programmes I was taking in.

And I take an interest in schools which are doing well in difficult areas.

At exam time, I get a bit pig sick about the predicatble critisms which come up every year. The kids can only take what is put in front of them.
Does it erk you? cheers.

LondonMother Sat 27-Aug-11 15:38:50

Sacred Heart RC School, I think, which is in Camberwell rather than Peckham but I suppose it takes a lot of children from Peckham.

omydarlin Tue 30-Aug-11 20:27:18

I saw this and was v pleased and interested - especially as they spoke about a home /school agreement - detention on Saturdays if they play up at home. Nice to see some youth of today getting positive praise. I get fed up of kids from estates/ deprived areas getting written off by the public and the schools too. State schools should provide a good education for our children regardless of where they are.

chill1243 Wed 31-Aug-11 12:33:35

thanks for the responses.

Yes I noticed Sacred Heart because itwas being praised on 2 or 3 programmes I listened to.

And I did notice the bit about saturday detentions for naughty home behaviour. It was a new one on me.

we get the same nasty criticism every exam results time. And the children can only do the exams which are put in front of them Seems unfair.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now