Talk

Advanced search

Explore Learning Centres

(7 Posts)
Maarias Fri 19-Aug-11 11:34:50

I wondered whether anyone had any experience of these, and what they thought of them?

mnistooaddictive Sat 20-Aug-11 22:45:22

Vultures

Milliways Mon 22-Aug-11 21:34:34

previous thread here

musicposy Thu 25-Aug-11 22:19:51

They aren't teachers and have no proper teacher training. I wouldn't want my child's education in those hands.

I'm a teacher who now does private tutoring and I thought I'd look at them as a way of boosting my income. I was horrified to find that the main thing they want in their teaching staff is "marketing skills". I walked away. Wouldn't touch it with a bargepole - I value my reputation more than that. I didn't do four years teacher training so I could sell their product for them.

Get a good private tutor.

CrosswordAddict Sun 28-Aug-11 19:20:04

Agree with everything musicposey says. Very young ladies who looked smart and inexperienced at the same time.

justkeepmoving Mon 05-Sep-11 18:00:07

hi - although i dont disagree with the above messages - my dd goes to one - mainly because we are low income & i can claim 70% of the cost back as they are ofsted registered childcare providers. This means she gets the extra help i could not otherwise afford. I find the staff friendly & not pushy. Dd has improved in confidence in her maths so i feel it is worthwhile

pastoralacademia Fri 30-Sep-11 14:50:33

A great Canadian programme, success maker, in the wrong hands. That's all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now