Talk

Advanced search

Kip McGrath

(7 Posts)
lillybloom Sun 07-Aug-11 20:54:42

Does anyone have any experience of Kip McGrath lessons. My ds is having a little difficulty with his maths. Does anyone have any experience of the classes?

I used them to bring my DS up to speed in his maths, as he seemed to have fallen behind somehow. I thought they were on the expensive side compared to a private tutor, and its not one to one tuition. I disliked having to pay for the weeks when we were on holiday. But, having said all that, they did help him and when they thought he was at the same level as the rest of his class they were quick to say he didnt need any more as he wouldnt want to be in front of what the class were learning. Overall they did help.

HTH

lillybloom Mon 08-Aug-11 12:40:13

Thanks Squirted. I looked at private tutors but my ds2 isn't the type to work 1-2-1, so I hope the group environment is going to be better.

Good luck, as I said they did help us. But it's just not value for money compared to private iyswim.

reallytired Tue 09-Aug-11 17:04:47

My son did well with Kip McGrath. I think a lot depends on the quality of the tutor though and what you are hoping to achieve. My son's sessions were well planned and did boost his confidence.

Erebus Tue 09-Aug-11 21:06:32

DS2 is doing Kip, but In Literacy (he's 10).

So far, so good. It's early days, 3 weeks before then end of term and he'll go 3 times over the summer before getting back into it in Sept (Y6).

It is 1 hour 20 mins per session but I like the fact it isn't 1:1. The tutor sets DS a task then leaves him to do it whilst attending another DC, then, when he's finished, the tutor checks it, corrects it, sets more and moves on.

It is expensive but I was shocked at how few private tutors there appear to be in this area!

lillybloom Tue 09-Aug-11 21:29:50

thanks

reallytired I've met the tutor a few times and he seems very commited.

Erebus Its working out the same cost as a tutor here, so thats not really an issue right now. I'm glad its positive so far. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now