Talk

Advanced search

Anyone applied for a enhanced CRB check recently?

(11 Posts)
oxocube Tue 26-Jul-11 18:15:20

If so, how long did it take to come back please? And do you have any idea if I can be offered/accept a job until it comes back - I have been teaching in an EU country for the last 4 years and had a CRB check in the Netherlands. Am hoping it won't take 3 months like my parents are telling me (they must have read it somewhere hmm).

My last one in Holland took just over a week to come back!

LucyLastik Tue 26-Jul-11 18:18:53

It can take up to three months, so your parents are right.

This time of year I have found it to take longer as teaching staff are changing jobs and need new CRBs done.

I once waited six months for one of mine. I actually left the job before it came through.

You can accept a job without one. In my pre-school atm, my manager is allowing a new member of staff to work under her old CRB as it is less than a year old and she is in the process of applying for a new one. Only thing is, she isn't allowed to be left alone with the children although she can do changing as long as we can see her.

HTH

oxocube Tue 26-Jul-11 18:32:55

Thanks Lucy. I am hoping that given that I was CRB checked for my previous job (have just left), any employer will be lenient and as long as they know my application is going through and get a reference from the head I've just worked for.

CharlotteBronteSaurus Tue 26-Jul-11 18:35:24

if you have been out of the country it will probably be on the long side. Each time the paperwork moves to a different policing area there is a further delay.

DeWe Tue 26-Jul-11 19:26:13

They can get a police covering letter or something, which basically means they check your name against the banned list. That only takes a week or two.
I applied for 2 identical CRBs at almost the same time. One came back within a month, and the other got lost in the system and took about 6 months and had to have reminders sent. confused

oxocube Wed 27-Jul-11 07:52:23

Very helpful, thank you smile

emptyshell Wed 27-Jul-11 12:09:52

There was the big disaster year when they first came out where it did take months to get them done (lots of NQTs had to delay starting work that year - I was caught up in it so remember it fairly clearly) but any I've had nowadays have generally been back within a fortnight. Always a little bit slower in the run-up to September though because every teacher moving jobs is getting new ones done at the same time.

CarrotsAreNotTheOnlyVegetables Wed 27-Jul-11 16:39:34

I have friend who wants to work as a taxi driver who has now been waiting six months for his - despite a lot of chasing.

A serious problem for him as it is preventing him from working and getting himself off benefits.

woodpeckers Wed 27-Jul-11 16:47:11

Really quickly recently. I applied 14th March, and it was back within 3 weeks - have never known them to be back that quick!

emeraldislander Fri 29-Jul-11 12:07:20

really quickly (London)... applied THIS MONDAY and it has just popped through the post. And I had an overseas address in there as well.

HarrietJones Fri 29-Jul-11 12:11:46

6 weeks, really straightforward one. No name changes/addresses/job changes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now