Talk

Advanced search

Attendance reports in England. advice please

(8 Posts)
buzz84 Sat 16-Jul-11 13:41:52

Just received attendance figure for dc. One report shows a half days absense due to a medical appointment. Had arrived in school before 10 so didn't miss a whole morning. Should this be counted as a missed session?
I was told if I informed the office it wouldn't (Which I did)

DeWe Sat 16-Jul-11 13:46:35

I was discussing this with a friend yesterday. If you miss registration it counts as a half day missed. Her two children both had dentist appointments over the year. One was at 9:00 so got counted as an absence, the other was at 12:00 so didn't. The 9:00 one was in by 9:30 so hardly missed anything.
Likewise if you sent your child in ill and they sent them home by 9:30 they would be there in the morning session (I think)

buzz84 Sat 16-Jul-11 15:07:22

Thank you. Lesson learnt. Will make sure appointments are in middle of morning in future. It is annoying though because I wouldn't have accepted appointment if i had been told.

IndigoBell Sun 17-Jul-11 17:32:40

Why do you care that much about her attendance figure? confused

buzz84 Sun 17-Jul-11 17:50:57

Not me. DD does. Have the daft 100% attendendance certificates and she wanted to get one for this term but won't now because of appointment.

bluetoad Sun 17-Jul-11 23:41:45

We have just had ds's report and it is wrong - says he has missed 12 sessions when he has only had 1 day off due to sickness?

AbigailS Mon 18-Jul-11 20:39:23

The attendance figures are compiled from the register which has to be taken, and closed, at a certain time. If you are not there by close of register to are marked as absent, with your later arrival marked in the office log in case of fire. We can not go back and edit the register when the child arrives.

Flisspaps Mon 18-Jul-11 20:50:59

bluetoad is there any chance that your DS is turning up late to school - late enough to miss registration? If so, then technically he is absent and it will be marked as such. This includes turning up late for afternoon registration after lunch.

If not, ask for a printout showing attendance codes and dates - it will show you where they have him marked as absent which makes it easier for you to query.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now