Talk

Advanced search

private prep schools near hillingdon

(7 Posts)
santosh1 Wed 13-Jul-11 17:47:10

Hi confused or lost how to filter the private schools near hillingdon and how to search for private prep schools the good ones and the recommendable website about private schools .

stikmatix Wed 13-Jul-11 18:17:02

There are lots of people here on MN who can give sound advice. For websites there's the Good Schools Guide etc.

What are you looking for? Prep only or through school up to 18? Girls/boys/co-ed?

santosh1 Wed 13-Jul-11 20:14:11

i am looking for upto 18 and prep it can be boys and co ed .

stikmatix Thu 14-Jul-11 14:04:36

OK, well for boys there aren't that many schools up to 18.

The obvious choice would be St Helen's College (if you are talking about Hillingdon town versus just Hillingdon Borough), co-ed up to 11.

You can look at the 3 in Northwood: St John's, St Martin's and Northwood Prep. All boys only and up to 13.

There is Reddiford in Pinner, co-ed up to 11. My DS goes here.

In Harrow there is Orley Farm and Quainton Hall, co-ed up to 13.

You could also look at the ones in Gerrards Cross - I'm not sure I even know all the schools that are there but Gayhurst (co-ed up to 13) and Thorpe House (boys up to 16) spring to mind.

York House in Rickmansworth.

The list goes on, and I'm sure others will chime in with more as my knowledge of boys' schools is more limited as I have only 1 DS but 3 DDs.

santosh1 Thu 14-Jul-11 17:22:31

thanks a lot i did have a look at the good school guide now i hv to short list the good ones as you might know all independent schools are not good . how far do u think we can travel like 8 miles or ... i live in ickenham so thinking how far to travel . I did look at all the schools mentioned .by the way what do u think of reddiford how is your daughter finding it . does your son also go to private school .

stikmatix Fri 15-Jul-11 13:25:44

My son is at Reddiford in Year 1. He only joined this year as we were living abroad before that. He is happy there, the other kids are nice, the academic standards good. It's a small school, without the impressive facilities like many of the other schools, but they still have a wide curriculum and do all the normal things you'd expect in a private school.

My oldest daughter is at St Helen's School in Northwood (no use to you if you only have a son!), my second daughter is starting there in September and hopefully the youngest will get in next year. Fantastic school.

santosh1 Fri 15-Jul-11 13:58:01

do u teach your ds at home apart from going to school ,do they have anything called homework ,how many hours do u spend with him regarding his academics .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now