Advanced search

Moving school if Residence changes.

(4 Posts)
Hannah38 Sat 09-Jul-11 09:29:27

Please can anyone help. I'm currently going through a divorce and my children are presently resident with their father as I have moved 25miles away. We have a shared care arrangement but the children would like to live with me. Im thinking about getting a residents order but the children would still like to attend their school where they live with him. What I'd like to know is, would they still be able to attend that school if they are resident with me? I would have them from fri-mon and my ex tues-thurs.

spanieleyes Sat 09-Jul-11 18:59:20

If they are currently at the school you can move wherever you like and they retain their place. ( It is the address you live at when you apply that is key, not what happens after you have a child at the school)

prh47bridge Sat 09-Jul-11 23:42:47

Spanieleyes is spot on. Once you have got a place at a school they cannot take it away from you even if you move to the other end of the country.

Hannah38 Sun 10-Jul-11 04:11:22

That's Brilliant news, and one less thing to worry about on my application, thanks guys.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: