Talk

Advanced search

Minimum notice period for planned school closure day.

(5 Posts)
rhpurple Tue 05-Jul-11 01:33:13

Hi

My child's school nursery have just informed us that they will be closed this Friday for registration for next years intake. This is incredibly short notice for something that can be planned well in advance. I will be complaining to the school but I was wondering if there was a minimum notice period for closure days like this?

Thanks

MM5 Tue 05-Jul-11 05:37:28

I know of no legal requirements for notice. It is in best practice to give parents as much notice as possible.

Iwantacampervan Tue 05-Jul-11 06:46:23

In a recent letter from our school regarding the strike, the Head stated that 48 hours notice was the minimum for planned closure.

clam Tue 05-Jul-11 18:57:14

Maybe, but it's not as if they couldn't have planned the date in advance and given more notice to parents. I agree with MM5: bad practice!

meditrina Tue 05-Jul-11 19:03:04

Does "registering the next year's intake" mean the new joiners are coming in? Presumably their parents have been given more than 48hours notice. If so, then one would hope they would extend the same consideration to their existing parents.

Poor show.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now