Talk

Advanced search

French and Spanish lessons for a 4 year old

(8 Posts)
mumster70 Wed 29-Jun-11 12:14:53

My DD is about to start Reception in Sept 11, but prior to this we would like to enrol her in French and Spanish classes (group lessons would be preferrable but would also consider a good tutor). Neither my DH or myself are fluent in these languages but have a grasp. Does anyone have any recommendations or advice particularly for Sat classes or after shool hours? We are based in Muswell Hill, North London.

culturemulcher Wed 29-Jun-11 13:57:02

Have you tried La Jolie Ronde? They're bound to have a class in Muswell Hill.

DELHI Wed 29-Jun-11 15:52:46

Just wonder why do you want her learning 2 foreign languages at such a young age - not even 5 years old? She'll find starting mainstream school tiring enough to begin with. Seems a little much IMO, but up to you of course.

sue52 Wed 29-Jun-11 17:40:04

Another vote for La Jolie Ronde. The classes are very informal, lots of fun and my DD really used to look forward to them.

Hulababy Wed 29-Jun-11 17:43:20

My DD does La Jolie Ronde at school, as part of her curriculum - they do French from reception (was from Y1 initially). Have to say though that I am not overly impressed and doubt I'd pay for lessons with them. DD doesn't seem to have learnt that much, not considering she's being doing French for 4 years.

citronella Wed 29-Jun-11 17:44:18

Try Les Petits Lapins in New Barnet. They do a sat morning class suitable for 4 year olds.

mumster70 Thu 30-Jun-11 00:03:32

Thanks to all for the advice. Someone else also mentioned Les Petits Lapin so I'll try them both.

mumster70 Thu 30-Jun-11 00:09:08

Hi DELHI, re the 2 languages, I'm not sure I would start both sets of lessons at the same time, that might not have been clear from my post. My DD is young but so far seems to have a hunger for languages and keeps asking me about classes so it's not just me being a pushy mum! I'm very much suck it and see at that age. I wouldn't impose anything on her and if she shows little or no interest at that age, then I wouldn't continue the classes and would find something else to hold her attention.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now