Talk

Advanced search

Childrens Clothes - Sizing consistency

(2 Posts)
RoadArt Tue 28-Jun-11 21:18:14

Sorry this is probably the wrong area but I know it is a busy forum.

WHich shops are consistent with their sizes, ie if you wanted an age 10, you know you could buy anything in the store and it would be the same size.

Shops I am interested in include M&S, Tesco, Asda, JJB, SoccerWorld??, JD Sports or any other you think might be good.

When choosing branded clothes, ie Adidas, Nike, etc., are they bigger or smaller than the shops clothes.

I realise this is a crystal ball question but keep looking on the internet at clothes and really dont know what size to get. THe measurements they give are useless because personal experience tells me that clothes vary a lot between the ranges.

I wont have the luxury of being able to return them and would really appreciate feedback on the clothes sizes today.
Thank you

BikeRunSki Tue 28-Jun-11 21:25:52

IME clothes sizes are pretty consistent within a shop, but not comparable across shops. Today my very tall, skinny nearly 3 year old was wearing 18 month old shorts (John Lewis) and a 3-4 T shirt (M&S).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now