Talk

Advanced search

Anyone with children in school in Whitley Bay, North Tyneside?

(8 Posts)
catwithflowers Tue 21-Jun-11 11:42:47

Could you share your experiences with me please? I have two teenagers who will be in High School and a 9 year old who will be in Yr 4 of First School.

We are moving unexpectedly to WB in 7 weeks and have just posted off in-year application forms.

Thanks

catwithflowers Tue 21-Jun-11 11:43:48

Sorry, didn't mean to post twice blush

bigdonna Wed 22-Jun-11 20:00:23

hi my nieces and nehew went to school in west monkseaton which is next to wb.i would say they have brilliant first schools and my nieces and nephew went to whitley bay high.my sister seems to think it is going down but there are some good catholic schools too.what are you looking for.

bigdonna Wed 22-Jun-11 20:01:36

oh by the way its alovely place to live will you be by the beach a couple of yrs ago i was going to move back there and looked at loads of property.

alegre Thu 23-Jun-11 10:28:51

Hi

Just seen this. I live in Whitley Bay, moved here 3 years ago from London.
I have dd at a first school (currently in Year 3) and ds who moved up to middle school this year (he's currently in Year 5).

Applications to schools will very much depend on catchment areas, some schools are very oversubscribed. Valley Gardens middle school is very popular and I've noticed in the last year or so that people move house just before they need to apply in order to try and get their child in there. In the end though, most children will end up at Whitley Bay High in Year 9 which is a very good school; I know that both children and parents are really pleased with it. Unfortunately Monkseaton High is almost in special measures.

What do you need to know? Feel free to pm me if you'd prefer.

catwithflowers Thu 23-Jun-11 18:09:51

Have just PM you alegre smile

Thanks so much and hope to hear from you soon!!

bigdonna Thu 23-Jun-11 23:07:34

sorry i got it wrong they went to monkseaton high.my friends kids went to valley gardens then on to whitley bay high.

catwithflowers Fri 24-Jun-11 06:21:49

smile donna

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now