Talk

Advanced search

No confidence Vote in School governing ody

(5 Posts)
Soof Sun 19-Jun-11 10:00:11

Can some one let me know if a motion of no confidence can be carried out against school governing body by parents of pupils at school?
Has this ever been done before? and if yes what kind of voting ratio will be required in favour of the motion?
Shuldn't the chair of Governor be elected from Parents Governor as they are the real stake holder not like community governor and ex parent governors, what are your views and what is the Law? Please help.

LondonMother Sun 19-Jun-11 11:25:10

I used to be a governor. Haven't been involved for many years so may be out of date but have never heard of anything like you're suggesting.

I certainly don't think there should be any requirement for the Chair to be a parent governor. Parents are one group of stakeholders, but they are far from being the only people with an interest in the school. The staff and the local community are just as important. Parents are not always the most objective about what is best for all the children in the school, not just their own children and their friends, and not just those there at the moment but those who will be going there in years to come.

prh47bridge Sun 19-Jun-11 11:36:59

There is no requirement for the chair to be one of the parent governors. I am not aware of any mechanism for a vote of no confidence. In any case, even if it were possible and such a motion was passed, it would only affect the parent governors. The staff governors and any appointed by the LA or other bodies would not be affected.

What is your concern? Why do you want to get rid of your school's governors?

IndigoBell Sun 19-Jun-11 17:39:57

There is someone in the LEA who works with the governors. Why don't you ring them up and tell them all your concerns....

At the very least they would then go and monitor a gb meeting.......

DanFmDorking Sun 19-Jun-11 20:18:10

You have posted this twice - I have answered the other one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now