Talk

Advanced search

school tour with toddler?

(11 Posts)
chandellina Tue 14-Jun-11 22:47:55

Hi, I've scheduled a school tour to check out my new local school for when my son starts reception but I have nowhere to leave him (he's 3). Is it bad form to bring him with me?

mummytime Wed 15-Jun-11 06:30:08

I have taken various kids on tours (including a 3 year old on a senior school tour - she was wonderfully behaved, but did want me to sing Old MacDonald a lot of the time). Schools should be able to cope, and if they couldn't they wouldn't be my kind of school.

veritythebrave Wed 15-Jun-11 06:52:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Dozer Wed 15-Jun-11 12:11:39

We took our dd, she enjoyed it and was good, no probs with the schools.

crazymum53 Wed 15-Jun-11 14:58:22

This shouldn't be a problem. Was very useful actually as our toddler wanted to visit the school toilets and this wasn't on the Head's agenda when she showed us round!

GabbyLoggon Wed 15-Jun-11 16:39:02

he i he i ho

chandellina Wed 15-Jun-11 21:56:06

thanks for the feedback - i really had no clue!

ronx Wed 15-Jun-11 22:11:58

My 3yr old loved going to 'big school' - I had to drag him out of one classroom grin.

COCKadoodledooo Wed 15-Jun-11 22:16:30

What Verity said. It was positively encouraged when I looked round ds1's school.

meditrina Wed 15-Jun-11 22:19:31

I took mine. No problems at all. And she was one of several.

Using him as a pretext to check out the loos also sounds a very good idea!

(Do sit near an exit or pacing/jiggling space if there are presentations, though).

sleepingbunny Wed 15-Jun-11 22:19:32

I had to stop my three year old getting undressed for PE at one school, and at the school she is attending the office even minded my newborn while the older kids showed the two of us round. Maybe that was what clinched it for me, in my hormonal postnatal state!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now